SENIOR STUDENT ATHLETES – SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY!! See below for the information. Please stop by the athletics office for the application and any support!!
2018-2019 National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Scholar/Essay Application
Purpose of Scholarship:
In accordance with National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association’s (NIAAA) purpose to promote, facilitate, and increase the knowledge and understanding of the vital role of interscholastic athletics in the educational system, this scholarship program will foster and acknowledge the partnership between the NIAAA and secondary education. The scholarships will recognize the distinguished scholastic, leadership, and citizenship attributes of high school student athletes, and the importance of high school athletics in each student’s life.
- Applicant must be a Senior
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following:
- minimum of B+ average;
- Ranked in the top 25% of class;
- ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100 (Math and Reading)
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
- Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
- School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
- The principal or athletic director must sign the application to insure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- Due Date: February 27, 2019. All hard copy materials must be sent to Fran Whitten, 44 Jasper Street, Scarborough, ME, 04074.