This week’s male student-athlete of the week is Junior Chris Doan.
1. Q: How do you feel about your season so far?
I think I can do a lot better than where I am, but I believe constantly pushing to be a better athlete is necessary to be good at any sport.
2. Q: What is your favorite event in track and field?
3. Q: Who is your favorite professional athlete and why?
A: Although he is not the most prominent athlete, the long jumper Greg Rutherford is my favorite athlete. He comes from small town but achieves a lot which I strive to do also.
4. Q: What is something about you that most people don’t know?
A: My favorite animal is the turtle.
5. Q: How did you first get involved with Track & Field?
A: I joined late going into my freshman year but I tried it out with a friend.
6. Q: What is your favorite track memory?
A: Jumping 40’ in the Triple Jump and competing in the Bay State Games.
7. Q: Who is your favorite musical artist?
A: Ariana Grande,
8. Q: Are you involved in any other activities or sports at RHS?
9. Q: What’s your favorite subject?
10. Q: Plans for after high school? College? Work?
A: I plan to go to a engineering school and hopefully pursue a career in track there.
11. Q: What do you hope for by the end of the season?
A: To jump past a 20 foot jump in long jump.